Urim and Thummim
What were they?
They are only mentioned in the Bible together five times. Urim by itself, twice more. That's a total of seven references for something that has to do with priests' vestments (that's clothes, for those of you with a Living Bible) and were used to determine the Lord's will.
They could have been anything from dice to a Magic 8-Ball.
I think they were the rivets, because everyone knows that's how you can tell genuine Levites.
They are only mentioned in the Bible together five times. Urim by itself, twice more. That's a total of seven references for something that has to do with priests' vestments (that's clothes, for those of you with a Living Bible) and were used to determine the Lord's will.
They could have been anything from dice to a Magic 8-Ball.
I think they were the rivets, because everyone knows that's how you can tell genuine Levites.


2 Comments:
I always heard that they were stones, a black one and a white one. That meant something to the priest so depending on which stone he pulled out that was his answer. But I can't remember where i heard that from and I might be thinking of something completely different. You're welcome.
Thanks. You might be thinking of Good'n'Plentys.
It doesn't even bother me that no one seemed to get my clever joke.
Post a Comment
<< Home