Good Bloggers Rise Above Distractions
Whew! It took me three weeks to get over my last humiliating post. Bad karma got me. Thank goodness for the NL Central, where a team can lose eight in a row and remain in first place!
I've been busy following the World Cup. Naturally, the likelihood of the last two teams being evenly matched is very great, thus having the winner of the biggest prize in the world of sport unsatisfyingly being decided by penalty kicks. To my mind, that's like having the Super Bowl determined by each team taking turns throwing footballs through a tire - or like the World Series coming down to a spirited bout of 'Running Bases.' My 14-year-old son predicted that France would win it all months ago, so I was kind of pulling for them until the supposedly classiest, best-player-in-the-world blatantly head-butts a guy and then wonders why he's being red-carded. Those French! "C'est la guerre!"
I've also been glued to the ball-by-ball coverage of the Third and Fourth Cricket Test Matches with India touring the West Indies. In the Third Test, the West Indies won the toss and elected to bat first, putting up an impressive 346 before their second wicket was taken. Like the first two tests, India went on to force a draw on day five. In the Fourth Test, India went in first and were held to a meager 200 all out. I thought, "Wow! The Windies have this one in the bag!", but then, Cub-like, they scratched out a paltry 103 in their first innings and went on to lose the five-day match by 49 runs in only three days.
I was also busy preparing for and coordinating the annual Physical Inventory at work. In fact, we took the auditors to lunch at Champps on Friday, June 30th, where there are a kajillion large-screen plasma TVs and we naturally had to hang around to see Germany defeat Argentina on penalties (yuck! - but very exciting, all the same).
I said all that to say this: I am endeavoring to set aside the things which so easily distract me, and am committed to regular posting (for the four of you that even read this). See ya in the Blogosphere!
I've been busy following the World Cup. Naturally, the likelihood of the last two teams being evenly matched is very great, thus having the winner of the biggest prize in the world of sport unsatisfyingly being decided by penalty kicks. To my mind, that's like having the Super Bowl determined by each team taking turns throwing footballs through a tire - or like the World Series coming down to a spirited bout of 'Running Bases.' My 14-year-old son predicted that France would win it all months ago, so I was kind of pulling for them until the supposedly classiest, best-player-in-the-world blatantly head-butts a guy and then wonders why he's being red-carded. Those French! "C'est la guerre!"
I've also been glued to the ball-by-ball coverage of the Third and Fourth Cricket Test Matches with India touring the West Indies. In the Third Test, the West Indies won the toss and elected to bat first, putting up an impressive 346 before their second wicket was taken. Like the first two tests, India went on to force a draw on day five. In the Fourth Test, India went in first and were held to a meager 200 all out. I thought, "Wow! The Windies have this one in the bag!", but then, Cub-like, they scratched out a paltry 103 in their first innings and went on to lose the five-day match by 49 runs in only three days.
I was also busy preparing for and coordinating the annual Physical Inventory at work. In fact, we took the auditors to lunch at Champps on Friday, June 30th, where there are a kajillion large-screen plasma TVs and we naturally had to hang around to see Germany defeat Argentina on penalties (yuck! - but very exciting, all the same).
I said all that to say this: I am endeavoring to set aside the things which so easily distract me, and am committed to regular posting (for the four of you that even read this). See ya in the Blogosphere!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home